Main Article Content
This study aimed to measure the quality of student papers in the Agrotechnology Study Program at UPN "Veteran" Yogyakarta and assess their potential for publication in scientific journals. Questionnaires were given to lecturers to gather data based on high standard criteria for scientific journal publishing. Results showed that 65% of respondents believed that student papers could be published in scientific journals. Additionally, 70% of respondents noted that the papers had novelty value, contributed to science, technology and knowledge, addressed urgent problems, and had a formulated conclusion. However, the writing quality needs improvement according to 61% of the respondents. Furthermore, 65% of respondents assessed that the papers lacked depth in analysis and synthesis. In addition, only 50-80% of the references used were primary and latest references. These findings suggest that Agrotechnology Study Program student papers need improvement in writing, analysis, and the use of primary and latest references to meet the high standards of scientific journal publication.
- 1. Lukan, Istadi, Wiryawan, K.G. 2020. Scientific Journal Management Editorial Guide. Direktorat Pengelolaan Kekayaan Intelektual Deputi Bidang Penguatan Riset dan Pengembangan Kementerian Riset Teknologi/ Badan Riset dan Inovasi Nasional. Jakarta.
- 2. Firmansyah, A., Qadri, R. A., & Arham, A. (2020). Training through Web Seminars related to Article Publication to Penetrate Sinta 2 and Scopus Journals. Abdimas: Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat Universitas Merdeka Malang, 5(2), 131-138.
- 3. Rosa, S. A. S., Irawati, I., Saefullah, D., & Myrna, R. (2020). Partnership in Productivity of Publication of Research Results at the Indonesian Institute of Sciences. Jurnal Administrasi Publik, 11(1).
- 4. Siti, L. (2020). Studying the Basic Ability of Writing Scientific Papers for Biology Education Students at UIN Raden Intan Lampung. UIN Raden Intan Lampung.
- 5. Ginting, S. D. B., & Basyir, M. (2021). Training on Writing and Publication of Scientific Articles for Level IV Students of the Department of Electrical Engineering at the Lhokseumawe State Polytechnic in 2020/2021. Bahasa Indonesia Prima (BIP), 3(1), 120–128.
- 6. Ananta, H., Murnomo, A., Kartono, R., & Mulwinda, A. (2017). Training and assistance in writing scientific articles for e-journals for students of the Electrical Engineering Department, FT Unnes. Rekayasa: Jurnal Penerapan Teknologi Dan Pembelajaran, 14(2), 121–126
- 7. Michael, T. (2020). Empowering Students in Developing the Spirit of Scientific Writing through Article Training at the Faculty of Law, University of 17 August 1945 Surabaya. Jurnal Akrab Juara, 5(1), 66–72
- 8. Pratama, M. R., Muslim, A. Q., Praja, B. A., Pratama, B. I., & Putra, E. (2021). Preparation and Training of Popular Scientific Paper Publication Frameworks for Students. Surya Abdimas, 5(3), 280–292.
- 9. Ratnasari, G., & Nurislaminingsih, R. (2017). The Influence of Scientific Paper Publication Policy in E-Journals on Increasing Scientific Writing Motivation of Students of Library Science, Faculty of Cultural Sciences, Diponegoro University, Semarang in 2009. Jurnal Ilmu Perpustakaan, 6(1), 201–210.
- 10. Kurniadi, F. (2017). Writing student scientific papers using word processing application media. AKSIS: Jurnal Pendidikan Bahasa dan Sastra Indonesia, 1(2), 267-277.
- 11. Istiana, P. (2013). Making citations and bibliography. In Information Literacy Workshop for Librarians.
- 12. Zamidi, I., Jamia’aton Soffiah, H., & Muhammad Kasim, B. (2013). Literature Review Writing Problems: An Upward Study of 7th Semester Students at a Campus IPG. In Seminar Penyelidikan Zon Selatan.
- 13. Rahman, H. A., & Jumino, J. (2020). Analysis of Bibliography Writing in Thesis of Students of S-1 Library Science Study Program Class of 2012 and 2013. Jurnal Ilmu Perpustakaan, 8(2), 131-140.
- 14. Darmalaksana, W. (2020). Scientific Citation Using References Tool in Microsoft Word. Jurnal Kelas Menulis UIN Sunan Gunung Djati Bandung, 1.
- 15. Pratama, R. A. (2017). Quality of Lecturer Interpersonal Communication and Student Motivation in Writing Thesis. Inter Komunika, 2(2), 114-122.
- 16. Juita, D., & Yusmaridi, M. (2020). The Quality of Thesis Guidance Process for Students of the Biology Department of IAIN Kerinci during the Covid 19 Pandemic. Natural Science: Jurnal Penelitian Bidang IPA dan Pendidikan IPA, 6(2), 135-143.