Main Article Content
The article is devoted to the history of the development of traditional handicrafts, trade and industry in Turkestan in the late XIX-early XX centuries. The author made an attempt to reveal this topic on the basis of German-language studies. At the end of XIX - beginning of XX centuries. handicraft and trade in Turkestan continued to develop in the traditional way in the directions formed over the centuries. Home work was widespread in the region. Artisans have set up the sale of their products. With the influx of foreign capital into Turkestan, industrial production began to be organized. Handicraft skill played an important role in Turkestan. Handicraft products were used by all segments of the population. This type of activity was especially important among the nomads. The following branches of crafts existed: weaving, spinning, sewing, tanning and leatherworking, ceramics, coppersmithing, blacksmithing, painting, carpet weaving and others.
- 1. Ziyoev.H. Struggle against Russian aggression and domination in Turkestan. (XVIII-XX centuries). Tashkent. 1998; History - the mirror of the past and the future. Tashkent. 2000;
- 2. Ishakov F.B. National politics of tsarism in Turkestan (1867-1917). Tashkent. 1997;
- 3. Ahmadjonov F.A. Russian Empire in Central Asia. Tashkent. 2003;
- 4. Ziyaeva D.H. Foreign tourists about entrepreneurship in Turkestan // Voice from Moziy, 1.(37) 2008;
- 5. Ghafarov Sh.S. History and Fate: Transmigration from the Russian Empire to Turkestan. Tashkent. 2006;
- 6. Jamalhoji I. Activities of Russian and foreign oil companies in Turkestan // Scientific journal of the history of Uzbekistan, No. 2, 2004;
- 7. Abdurakhimova N.A., Ergashev F.R. Tsarist colonial system in Turkestan. Tashkent. 2002;
- 8. Shadmanova S. "Reflection of information about industrial production in Turkestan press (end of XIX century - beginning of XX century)" See: http://ziyonet.uz/uzc/library/libid/20207.
- 9. Ziyaeva D.Kh. Sources related to the history of intellectual heritage in Uzbekistan (XIX - early XX centuries).-Tashkent. 2018.-B.12-13
- 10. Overview of the Zakaspian region in 1899 - Ashgabat. 1900. -S.122
- 11. Machatschek F. Landeskunde, v. Russ-Turkestan, 1921.- P.162
- 12. Overview of the Zakaspian region in 1899 - Ashgabat. 1900. -S.124
- 13. Geyer I.I. Putevoditel po Turkestanu. Tashkent.-S.89
- 14. Blagowiestschensky G.Die wirtschaftliche Entwicklung Turkestans. -Berlin. 1913-S 163